Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chloe's Triangle

Chloe brought this home from school and I said, enthusiastically, "Chloe! What is this!?" She proudly replied, "My triangle!" "That's wonderful!" I gushed. "High five!" Chloe slapped my hand and ran off, grinning, as Connor called from the other room, "Mom, are you just saying that? That's not really good. Are you just saying it is to keep Chloe from crying?" I explained to him that it is good- it's good that she knows it's a triangle, and good that most of the coloring is concentrated somewhat inside the triangle. This is good work for a two-year old! But Connor wasn't having it. He clearly feels that my praise of his art has been cheapened now that he knows I'll hand out high-fives over a mess like Chloe's triangle. My boy has high standards.

No comments: